Select between ceramic and tempered glass below.
Mica-Glass or Isinglass is paper thin and is available in a variety of sizes.
STOVE MICA-GLASS or ISINGLASS are the terms used for the older material found in wood stoves used as glass. It is paper thin and is available in a variety of sizes. This type of material can be cut with scissors, a razor blade, or a paper cutter to the size that you need.
It is sold in thickness of between .003 and .005. It has the appearance and flexibility of clear plastic, can be cut with scissors, and withstands temperatures of 1800 degrees F. Because it is a naturally occurring mineral, several small pieces are lower in price than one larger piece.
Stove Mica or Mica Glass is a Replacement glass used for wood and multifuel stoves.
Sizes are based for most UK and European stoves.
We have Competitive prices with mica glass being delivered to your home.
Commonly used as viewing windows for wood stoves and other fuel burning stoves.
Made by peeling thin layers away from a stone related to quartz, it looks like clear plastic. Naturally durable and 100% fireproof.
- Used in woodstove windows since the 1700s
- Trim with scissors and clamp in frame
- Fireproof Cement may be used to help secure it
- Mined in India
We have been using this mica (isinglass) for years. It lasts and lasts for years at a time even with very heavy wood stove use! Easy to cut, even curves, for placement in our older wood stove doors. Easy to clean this isinglass with vinegar.
Mica-glass is actually a mineral that comes in thin translucent sheets and can be cut with scissors, yet is able to withstand immense temperatures beyond what all glass can handle. Mica is mostly used in antique wood and coal stoves, arranged in small vertical strips. Mica glass has a beautiful appearance like clear plastic or cellophane, yet it withstands temperatures in upwards of 1800° F, making it the most heat tolerant mineral material that we carry.
- All glass will expand when heated! Please order your glass at least 1/8" shy of mounting surface to accommodate for this thermal expansion. We are not responsible for breaks due to improper measurements!
- Metal screws and mounting hardware will expand when heated! Please do not over-tighten hardware as this may break your glass when appliance is in use. We are not responsible for breaks due to over-tightened hardware.
- We have the ability to cut your glass to a custom fractional measurement not listed on this product page, and may even have bigger sizes or thicknesses available. Give us a call for more information!
- We offer a selection of popular pattern cuts, however we can also create your custom templates. Give us a call to set up a quote!
- We include a "notes" box on this product page for any other information, questions, or concerns you may want to attach to an online glass order.